We envision internships as the stepping stones to building our future, with the hope of leading to full-time employment upon graduation. We are seeking future business leaders who will continue to shape and execute our strategic objectives, ensuring our continued business growth and market success.
At LORD, many careers began as an internship. Our internship program allows you to apply the skills and knowledge you are developing at school while contributing to exciting, real-world projects. We regard every intern as a potential full-time employee with strategic importance to our business. We’ll provide hands-on experience, designed to fit your career objectives, complement your academic work and enhance your learning. You will participate on projects that add value to the company, while allowing you to discover your strengths and interests within your field of study.
- Students in Engineering or Business disciplines may work full time during the summer and/or part time during the academic year to supplement academic achievements.
- The candidate pool is drawn from the surrounding local colleges/universities.
- Students are paid a competitive wage during internships that reflects academic achievement and prior intern work experience.
- Must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program.
- Target a Sophomore standing and a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must have a relevance of coursework/work experience.
- We offer a variety of assignments are available for returning interns.
- Our internships usually occur during the summer months and last between 10-12 weeks.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
This option is excellent for students who are looking to supplement their college education, giving them a jumpstart in the workplace upon graduation.
We also offer special internship programs, including:
For High School Students
Academy of Information Technology (AOIT) Program
Affiliated with the National Academy Foundation (NAF), the Academy of Information Technology provides students with an academic curriculum, while exposing them to the varied career paths and opportunities available in the information technology industry. Students engage in a project-based learning curriculum focused on providing transferable skills and exposure to the ever-growing IT field.
While the NAF Academy model inspires students and teachers to greater success, the Academies are bridges between corporate America and local communities. The NAF model works by bringing business people into the public schools and introducing you to the world of business. Through the Academies, educators and business people are partners for investing in and developing America's youth.
Academy of Information Technology
For College Students
Behrend State College Scholarship Program
Based in Erie, PA, this scholarship is open to full-time undergraduate applicants in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Physics or Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering. This scholarship program will be in effect for four years.
N.C. Space Grant Program
The N.C. Space Grant has partnered with The LORD Corporation to establish a summer internship program to give students real-world experiences in a cutting-edge industrial setting.
The N.C. Space Grant/LORD Corporation Summer Internship Program will provide support for up to 4 undergraduate or graduate students (pursuing degrees in STEM disciplines) to participate in a 10- week internship at LORD Corporation’s world headquarters campus in Cary.
Our Cooperative Education Program helps you develop valuable work experience while alternating semesters between school and work.This opportunity is for Candidates enrolled in a college/university offering a co-op program.
- Co-Op opportunities are limited to engineering students in northwest Pennsylvania at this time.
- Students have the ability to work full time for up to four rotation of approximately three months duration.
- Students will be paid a competitive wage for work during rotations
- Rotations can be in Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Applications Technology or Test Engineering.
Students are provided company paid housing during their rotations.