Sr. Engineer, Software (Embedded)
LORD Sensing is seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to work with our Inertial Sensors product group. The successful candidate will participate in developing the next generation of embedded software used on our miniature GNSS/INS sensors. He/She will be an innovative, creative thinker with an ability to work in a self-directed manner. The incumbent will participate in all aspects of the development process including architecture design, implementation and verification of firmware for inertial sensors. Emphasis will be placed on developing reliable, reusable and maintainable code in C/C++ which optimizes performance aspects of the hardware system such as power consumption and sensor measurement accuracy. To succeed in this role, the individual must be a knowledgeable embedded software engineer with excellent teamwork and problem solving skills. He/She will have demonstrated proficiency working in a process-oriented software development environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or similar discipline (or equivalent combination of education and work experience)
- Deep knowledge of embedded software design
- Proficient in C/C++ programming
- Ability to read and understand electrical design schematics
- Ability to utilize lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, etc.
- Strong communications and teamwork skills
- Ability to drive designs from specifications to completion
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions
- Experience with developing and debugging embedded firmware in complex projects