Staff Engineer, Software (Inertial Navigation)
LORD Sensing is seeking an experienced Inertial Navigation Engineer to work with our Inertial Sensors product group. The successful candidate will play a lead role in developing the next generation of the inertial navigation algorithms used on our miniature GNSS/INS sensors. He/She will be an innovative, creative thinker with an ability to work in a self-directed manner. He/she will be responsible for developing inertial navigation algorithms, creating detailed sensor models, improving our sensor simulation capability, and validating all algorithms and models developed for our high-performance, low-power AHRS and GNSS/INS systems. In addition, he/she will be partially responsible for the development of validation tools and processes. The role will also present opportunities for significant contributions to the design and configuration of new sensors and the incorporation of cutting-edge algorithms. Experience designing inertial navigation algorithms for a resource-constrained processor is a strong plus. Primary Responsibilities:
- Design and develop AHRS and GNSS/INS Kalman Filters.
- Design and develop Simulink simulation tools to predict sensor performance in various customer-specific applications.
- Design and develop data reduction, sensor validation, and performance reporting tools in Matlab/Simulink.
Evaluate GNSS, inertial sensor, and other aiding components for incorporation into future designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent, preferably focusing on control systems (or equivalent combination of education and work experience)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience developing estimation/control systems.
- Deep understanding of Kalman filter theory and implementation in real-time systems.
- Expert knowledge of Matlab and Simulink.