Chemlok® 213 Adhesive
LORD Chemlok® 213 adhesive is a one-coat adhesive used to bond castable and RIM urethane elastomers to metal. It is composed of a mixture of polymers, curatives and pigments dissolved in an organic solvent system.
Chemlok 213 adhesive is also used to bond a wide variety of both polyether and polyester castable urethanes to metal. This adhesive bonds with polyether and polyester castable urethanes of varying hardness, based on both TDI and MDI. Chemlok 213 adhesive can also be used to bond certain thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPU).
Chemlok 213 adhesive provides bond strengths greater than the tear strength of the urethane substrate. This adhesive bonds RIM urethane elastomers directly to aluminum or steel without the need for primers or prebaking.
Shelf life is one year from date of shipment when stored at 21-27°C (70-80°F) in original, unopened container. Do not store or use near heat, sparks or open flame.
Features and Benefits
• Versatile - bonds metal to a wide variety of polyether and polyester compounds including RIM urethane.
• Economical - eliminates the need to inventory several adhesives due to the adhesive's versatility.
• Convenient - requires only a single coat for most applications, minimizing application costs.
• Process Compatible - accommodates a wide range of processing conditions, including extended prebake.
• Environmentally Resistant - adds durability for harsh environment exposure, including salt spray and water and temperature exposures, when used with Chemlok 219 primer.
• Time Saving - requires no agitation in preparation for use or during application, saving application time and reducing the potential for application errors. Non-settling Chemlok 213 adhesive is ready to dip or brush when opened.
• Fast Drying - dries fast to allow rapid turnaround times, reducing the number of coated parts kept in inventory.