In “Selecting the Right Sign Adhesive for the Job,” you learned how various substrates affect adhesive performance. Now that you’ve selected the right adhesive for your project, how can you apply it to get best results? In this four-part blog series, we’ll show you how.
Adhesive operators should not rush through cartridge set-up, nor should they treat every dispensing system the same. Properly preparing two-part adhesive and adhesive/sealant cartridges will ensure good mix proportions and optimal bondlines—thereby improving long-term sign performance.
We have created a Structural Adhesives Cartridge Training video series covering manual dispensing guns and pneumatic dispensing guns. The videos demonstrate how to:
- Identify caps, tips, levers and locks that need to be positioned or removed
- Load the cartridge into the gun
- Level plungers to make sure both sides dispense at the same time
- Purge a static mixer
- Position the gun for dispensing
- Regulate air flow on certain pneumatic guns
The videos include additional tips, such as how to store loaded cartridges.
Watch the videos to learn more.
More information on LORD sign adhesive solutions can be found here.