Meter, mix, dispense equipment is used to dispense gap fillers and/or adhesives from bulk containers. Due to the high volume/high flow rate applications that are commonly associated with LORD gap filler materials, automated MMD processes are used in an effort to minimize material waste and cycle times and reduce overall cost.
Why Use MMD Equipment?
- Mixes two-component polymer systems accurately and consistently
- Dispenses low viscosity or high viscosity with mix ratios anywhere from 1:1 to 100:1
- Maximizes production efficiencies by mechanically agitating and degassing material prior to dispensing, whereas cartridges require materials to be agitated and degassed manually prior to packaging
- Performs highly repetitive shot volumes
- Enables high-volume production
- Reduces waste (disposal of cartridges)
- Saves costs: bulk gap filler/adhesives costs less than cartridges in cost/volume and can usually provide a return on investment in one to four financial quarters depending on production volumes
LORD has partnered with many equipment manufacturers that specialize in dispensing these types of materials. A member of our team can answer any questions you might have about the automated MMD processes of LORD gap fillers.