UltraConductive™ Film and Coatings for Lightning Strike Protection and EMI Shielding
LORD UltraConductive™ is a highly conductive epoxy film or coating that utilizes non-nano, commercial materials to protect composite aircraft structures from a direct lightning strike.
Due it its polymeric nature, LORD UltraConductive protections composites at half-the-weight of conventional expanded foils while enabling improved throughput.For more information, download a copy of the brochure for UltraConductive Film and Coatings.
Features and Benefits
- Half the weight - Compared to conventional expanded metal foil surfacing films currently used.
- Improved surface finish - Results in fewer materials used to correct for the poor surface finish associated with expanded metal foils. (Benefits from additional weight and labor savings by eliminating these materials).
- Automation enabling - Allows OEMs to increase throughput and quality by providing both spray and film forms for automation.
- Enables safety - Less dielectric materials to correct for surface imperfections of expanded metal foils makes for an inherently safer substrate. May provide additional means for compliance with FAR 25.981 when used in conjunction to expanded metal foils.
- Industry recognition -- 2012 AviationWeek Innovation Award in Composites
In both direct lightning strike and secondary testing, LORD UltraConductive Films and Coatings have proven equivalent or superior to expanded metal foils.If you'd like more information about LORD UltraConductive, contact the LORD team at UltraConductive@lord.com