Aqualast® BL-100 Butyl Elastomer Emulsion Where To Buy
LORD Aqualast® BL-100 butyl elastomer emulsion is an anionic emulsion of butyl rubber which offers broad latitude in formulating waterborne coatings. It is used as a modifier to enhance the flexibility and adhesion properties of many anionic emulsions.
Aqualast BL-100 emulsion can also be used as a coating for a variety of woven and non-woven fabrics to enhance barrier properties, improve fabric strength and handling properties. Typical commercial/industrial applications include: awnings, tents, carpet backing, protective clothing and upholstery. Typical medical applications include: bed sheets, operating room apparel, hospital gowns and incontinence pads.
Shelf life is six months from date of shipment when stored in original, unopened container.
Use the entire container upon opening. Airborne contaminants are likely to induce bacterial growth in partial containers that are opened and re-closed.
Features and Benefits
• Environmentally Friendly – cleans up with water; no VOC content; non-flammable.
• Low Gas Permeability – provides a barrier to air and most gases.
• Environmentally Resistant – resists the effects of exposure to outdoor environments; maintains physical and mechanical properties after aging.
• Chemically Resistant – withstands exposure to a wide variety of industrial chemicals; provides excellent barrier against water and silicone oil in industrial and commercial applications.
• Abrasion Resistant – extends fabric wear; improves fabric strength and washability.
• Versatile – compatible with a variety of anionic emulsions and fabrics; retains natural characteristics of fabric.
|Viscosity, cps @ 25°C (77°F), Brookfield LVT, Spindle 3, 12 rpm||1800-5000|
|Solids Content by Weight, %||61-63|
*Data is typical and not to be used for specification purposes.