Steering Units Contact Us
The Tactile Feedback Device (TFD) steering unit is a key component of fully electric and electro-hydraulic Steer-by-Wire (SbW) systems. These devices provide an integrated solution that combines bearing support, steering position sensing, communication and continuously variable resistive steering torque, delivering high-fidelity tactile feedback and maximum control to the operator.
LORD Corporation is a pioneer for SbW steering units since 1999, when the first device began production in a forklift truck application. The LORD TFD steering unit is maintenance free and will never require inspection or adjustment during the expected service life. There are very few moving parts in the design which greatly enhances durability. With more than 300,000 devices in service today, LORD Corporation has a long history of providing reliable and safe devices for Industrial and Off-Highway equipment.
For more information, download a copy of our TFD Brochure.
- Improved steering feedback Performance
- Programmable resistive steering feedback based on equipment operating conditions
- Smooth steering torque independent of vehicle speed and temperature
- No "stick slip" at low speeds (common with friction brakes)
- No electric motor "cogging" feel
- Increased ease of off-road maneuverability
- Improved accuracy at on-road speeds
- Low power consumption
- Fast response time
- Reliable control signals
- Multiple non-contact sensor configurations (2, 3 or 4 outputs)
- Analog (v) and/or digitial (pwm) outputs
- CAN Protocols supported
- Protected from EMC
- Sil2/3 safety rating increased design flexibility
- Increased Design Flexibility
- Extensive portfolio of standard and customized solutions
- Robust, easy-to-install, compact design
- Improved steering ergonomics
- No maintenance required