Corporate CitizenShip (INDIA)
A business CSR spend is mandatory, with 2% of average net profit required before tax for the preceding 3 years. If the spend is not met, companies are required to submit an explanation. To ensure these metrics are met, a CSR committee exists at LORD India and guidelines are strictly adhered to.
But for LORD India leadership and employees, it's about far more than dollars and business requirements. They give back with a purpose, from their hearts.
Focus areas for LORD India include:
- Eradicating extreme hunger and poverty
- Promotion of education
- Promotion of gender equality and empoweing women
- Reducing child mortality and improving maternal health
- Combating human immunodeficiency virus
- Ensuring environmental sustainability
- Contribution to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central or State Governments for socioeconomic development
Nashik is a City of Pilgrimage in India with many religious shrines and centres of worship that is very active, both culturally and socially. Nashik is among the 10 fastest growing cities of India with industrial development and urbanization.
Objectives for LORD India's project with Nashik were:
- To create a Knowledge Management activity for Nashik school children with a view to shape future alert citizens
- To educate the future citizens about their city governance, laws, legislation, and basic civic information
- To motivate children to actively participate in shaping their surroundings.
- To help create a modern citizen
- A book titled “Mi Ani Maze Nashik (My City: Nashik)” was prepared with authentic information and facts of Nashik city administration
- 10,000 copieswere distributed to 50 Marathi schools in Nashik for students from grade 7 to 9, standard classes.
- School teachers, prominent social workers, and dignitaries were involved while formally publishing the book to generate awareness and create enthusiasm.
- An essay competition was conducted on topics such as: ‘If I were the Municipal Commissioner’, ‘Nashik of My Dream’
- Prizes were distributed to 220 students, including the best 5 essay writers, who participated in the competitions
- ‘Open Dialogue’ organized with the Municipal Commissioner & Police Commissioner of Nashik
- Teachers, students, and citizens appreciated the work
- All the events were well covered by the local media and created a great goodwill for the company
LORD India is also supporting the development of a library and a driving simulator. So far, LORD India has donated $150M and will continue to support additional activities like Safe Driving Day. Training is also imparted to the state bus drivers, and the local Traffic Commissioner has made the training at the CETP mandatory before issuing a driving license to any citizen. All the LORD visitors to our Nashik Plant have visited this park. This initiative algns with LORD's philosophy of Safety, Education and Philanthropy.