CARY, N.C. – LORD Corporation
– a global leader in sensing systems, has released the latest version of its SensorConnect™ sensing software, featuring significant updates that support sensor management, and data collection and visualization for MicroStrain inertial products. This update is designed to fully replace the inertial data collection and visualization capabilities in MIP Monitor™. MIP Monitor will continue to be available on the website but will no longer be updated to support new products.
"We’re excited to support users with a desktop software solution that provides a better experience for our inertial users,” said Justin Bessette, Manager, Technology and Innovation, LORD Sensing, MicroStrain. “It is important for us to provide users a single tool to collect data and visualize output from both wireless and inertial product lines, side-by-side.”
In previous updates, SensorConnect offered basic support for inertial products. Release 12.0.9 marks the inclusion of all features necessary for inertial users to fully migrate from MIP Monitor to SensorConnect. Users will find all MIP Monitor features available in a more modern and flexible interface, with improved feedback. SensorConnect users will benefit from regular updates, new features and user experience improvements. Additional updates featured as a part of 12.0.9 include storing and displaying matrix, quaternion data and storing, and displaying data valid flags.
New features important for inertial users who are new to SensorConnect include:
- Inertial Save/Load Settings (v10.4.9)
- Packet Monitor (v9.17.4)
- Record Packets to File (v10.4.9)
- Support for Double-Precision (v10.0.8)
- Initialize/Reset Estimation Filter (v9.9.2)
- Initialize/Reset Estimation Filter screen added to enable inertial users to more easily configure, initialize and troubleshoot the device’s estimation filter
Documentation for inertial customers and release notes have been added to the MicroStrain website
SensorConnect for MIP Monitor Users
is designed for inertial users who are accustomed to using MIP Monitor for configuration, sensor management, data monitoring, and data collection. SensorConnect offers the capability to accomplish the same tasks with additional functionality as compared to MIP Monitor. Current MIP Monitor users should switch to SensorConnect.