International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- ITAR applies to all defense articles or defense services, including related technical data and software. Defense articles and defense services are those articles and services specially designed, developed, configured, adapted or modified for military use that either: 1) do not have a predominant civil application and do not have a civil performance equivalent; or 2) have had significant military and intelligence capability. ITAR generally requires a license for the export of such items, subject to certain limited exceptions.
- Exports of items subject to ITAR are controlled by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) of the Department of State. Those items designated as “defense articles” or “defense services” are set forth on the U.S. Munitions List (USML).
- All manufacturers, exporters, and brokers of defense articles, defense services, or related technical data, as defined on the United States Munitions List (USML), are required to register with DDTC.
- Government fees: $1,750 each year or, $3,500 for two years (both are renewable).
- Senior Officers must sign the registration form along with transmittal letter.
FREE TRADE Program Requirements