Cab Suspension Systems Contact Us
Traditional cab suspension systems must typically compromise between ride comfort and stability. LORD MR Cab Suspensions, however, offer a solution to manage both of these conflicting goals. Our solutions include multiple MR dampers, a control unit, and a sensor system. Our proprietary skyhook control algorithms use data from the vehicle's sensors to adjust the damping force to the optimum level within miliseconds. LORD cabin suspension systems are an advanced technology solution, enhancing both driver comfort and vehicle stability simultaneously.
Customized Cabin Suspension Solutions
LORD can also develop new solutions with unique product requirements for applications requiring instantaneous and precise control of variable force.
Benefits of LORD MR Cab Suspension Systems
Customized controllable damping significantly improves vehicle ride comfort, handling and safety.
- Improved driver responsiveness, efficiency and pleasure
- Reduced operator fatigue and risk of injury
- Improved vehicle stability for safe maneuverability at higher speeds
- Easily integrated with other vehicle electronic systems (braking, steering) to enable sophisticated vehicle dynamic control capability
- Fail-safe (becomes a passive damper) or fail-firm (becomes rigid) design options if electrical power is lost
- Better protection for cargo or goods
Simple electro-mechanical design is easy to integrate, improves reliability and reduces total cost.
- No additional packaging space required versus conventional passive dampers
- No maintenance required
- Reduced wear on suspension and drivetrain components
- Low power requirements (typically less than 5A)
- Broad operating temperature range (-40°C to 120°C)