LORD 12Nm TFD® steering units are designed for applications with larger steering wheels. We have a standard 12Nm TFD steering unit to accomodate the higher steering torque required in these applications.
We have a diverse portfolio of TFD steering units to satisfy a variety of customer steer-by-wire requirements. Our portfolio includes devices capable of producing resistive steering torque ranging from 5Nm to 20Nm. For more TFD products visit SbW Tactile Feedback Devices.
What is a Tactile Feedback Device and How Does it Work?
The TFD steering unit is a key component of fully-electric and electro-hydraulic SbW systems. Click here to learn more about what it is, and how it works.
12Nm TFD Steering Units - Features & Specifications
Features & Benefits
- Improved Steering Feedback Performance
- Programmable resistive steering feedback based on equipment operating conditions
- Smooth Steering Torque Independant of Vehicle Speed and Temperature
- No "Stick Slip" at Low Speeds (Common with Friction Brakes)
- No Electric Motor "Cogging" Feel
- Increased Ease of Off-Road Maneuverability
- Improved Accuracy at On-Road Speeds
- Low Power Consumption
- Fast Response Time
- Reliable Control Signals
- Multiple Non-Contact Sensor Configurations (2, 3, or 4 Outputs)
- Analog (v) and/or Digital (pwm) Outputs
- Protected from EMC
- SIL2/3 Safety Rating (SIL = Safety Integrity Level)
- Increased Design Flexibility
- Extensive Portfolio of Standard and Customized Solutions
- Robust, Easy-to-Install, Compact Design
- Improved Steering Ergonomics for the Operator
- No Maintenance Required